The Value of a Mentor
Do you know the value of a mentor? There are benefits to mentorship on both sides. No one should feel that they are going through things alone. It doesn’t matter how successful you are, you still need a mentor, someone to show you innovative ways of doing things and understanding the bigger perspective.
There are 6 traits of an effective mentor:
1. Willingness to assume leadership.
3. Successful in the company.
4. Supports the company’s goals, culture and policies.
5. Willing to provide regular feedback.
6. Knowledgeable about learning resources within and outside the company.
Whether you work alone or on a team, we all need someone we can trust and rely on to help make our lives better.