Give yourself a mood boost!
There are many little changes we can make in our lives that can give our mood a boost. Boosting your mood brightens up your day, brings a smile and makes life easier to deal with. Just by making the smallest changes and taking as little as 5 minutes from your day, you could be surprised with the difference it can make. It doesn’t have to be anything outlandish, just something you wouldn’t normally consider doing. Here are some tips to help give you that quick mood boost and can be done whenever you are feeling out of sorts with the world or feeling a little down.
If you have 5 minutes to spare you can:
- Take out your daily goal planner and write something down that you already completed today and cross it straight off the list.
- Take the weight off your feet and eat one of your 5 daily portions of fruit or vegetables.
- Look at yourself in the mirror and pull as many different funny faces as you can in 5 minutes!
- Read the comics in the daily paper or online.
- Take a quick shower or at least splash your face with water.
- Use some of that expensive perfume or lotion you had bought and enjoy the fragrance.
If you have 15 minutes to spare you can:
- De-clutter your desk or an area of your home.
- Treat yourself to a moisturizing mask.
- Change into a favorite piece of clothing and admire yourself.
- Do a few quick and easy exercises or stretches.
- Read a few pages of a book or magazine you enjoy.
- Make yourself a big fresh fruit smoothie, sit down and enjoy it.
- Make a list of all the people you haven’t been in touch with in a while and schedule a time to call each of them.
- Write down what you have enjoyed doing so far during the day in your journal.
- Find a comfortable spot, close your eyes and enjoy the silence, sound of rain or chirping birds.
If you have 30 minutes spare you can:
- Call someone you haven’t talked with in a while and catch up on all the life stories you missed.
- Use your computer to look for ideas for your summer vacation.
- Take a soak in a tub full of your favorite bubbles or skin softener.
- Listen to your favorite CD.
- Go to your local store and treat yourself.
- Go for a walk and say hello to everyone you meet.
- Turn off the TV, phone and anything else that could disturb you and sit down and enjoy peace and quiet for a half-hour.
- Plan a quiet romantic meal.
- Write a letter to someone special and mail it.
- Discover a new recipe on the internet and plan to cook it for dinner.
- Replace any old photographs you have in frames with more updated pictures.
No matter how much time you take each day, just take the time! Take action for yourself today!