Finding Your Purpose What is your reason for being? In this 24/7, always moving world we live in today, there is a new hunger for meaning, for discovering how we matter. Purpose is the antidote to the busy-ness and emptiness for so many people’s lives today. Discovering your purpose is a lifelong process. During times of transition, we experience the greatest need and the greatest opportunity to create clarity of purpose for our lives. We reach higher and go deeper to discover what really matters. There is a formula that can assist you in finding your purpose. G + P + V = Purpose You find your purpose when you offer your gifts in service to something you are passionate about in an environment that is consistent with your core values. Sounds easy right? Well, it isn’t rocket science, but will take some work. First, you want to identify your gifts:
- What do you do best? Our gifts are reflected in what we do best.
- Like to serve others? Our gifts show up in how we like to serve.
- How do you act when performing tasks? Our gifts are being used when we lose our self in a task.
Let’s talk about passion. What’s yours? If you are unsure, ask yourself these questions:
- If the pay didn’t matter, what would I most love to do with my time?
- What problem at work or in my community would I most love to solve?
Once you identify your gifts and your passion, we need to determine our values. To name your values, ask yourself these questions:
- If I reviewed how I spend my time and money, what would that tell me about what I most value?
- What are one or two life triggering events that have influenced what I value most?
- How do I want people to treat me?
- What is the best way to let one know how I feel?
- How do I feel about my personal space?
- How do I feel about others personal space?
- How do I feel about the things I own?
There are many other questions you could ask yourself on values, but the answers to these questions will give you your best response. Of course this is just an example of one way to find your vision and purpose. You can also take courses, read self-help books or find a personal life coach. A good life coach will not tell you how to live your life or what your passion is. A certified life coach will help you to look within to find your answers. If you are interested in working with a Certified Personal Coach, contact me today. Together we will discover your purpose for your life.